Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crafting.

The other day I was clumsy enough to elbow and Ikea mug full of hot coffee onto the floor. After the mess was assessed and dealt with, I was left with three large pieces of mug that I normally would have tossed into the trash. Those were the old days. In the new days I am reduced to a material-starved art student, and thus, the pieces sat on my window sill for days until I realized what I would do with them. 


All I knew was that I was in need of a bedside lamp. So to same myself a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond (aka hell), I decide to take a page out of Jeff Carter's book and use Ikea products in sculpture. 


Here is some of his work:



This table is hooked up to a motor that makes it undulate like waves in the ocean. Brilliant.


Here's mine:














No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails