Thursday, September 11, 2008

Post ONE

This marks the inaugural post so I suppose I shall go on to project a little on the contents of this page. It seems it's become increasingly necessary to be found on the web so here, I am. This will be a place almost chiefly devoted to art -- a lot of it mine, some of it not. Hopefully through this process I will also be able to center some ideas and make my work available for those who care to see it. I have found that culture through people is what inspires me.

My concentration this year is the cultural fabric of Kashmir, a region in India -- an area torn between two separate entities, the Hinduism of India and the Islam of Pakistan. The fact that it is this epicenter of conflict and this blend of beliefs fascinates me. Expect to see more on that later.

Another part of this page will be dedicated to the company Olive Threads. This will be its temporary e-home until I learn the mysteries of Dreamveaver. I am one third of this company who sells T-Shirts -- but not before we hand dye, hand sew, and screen print each one. Michael Yeh and Talley Carlston are the other villains behind the project. I'll be providing updates on where to find us, and hopefully look for some pictures in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails